Photo-electric sensors offer a wide variety of sensing options and find a significant place in the Industrial Automation applications. These sensors work on the optical principle either in a visible or invisible spectrum of light. They can be either Light barrier or Reflective type. The sensor contains a pulsed light source and sensing takes place by measuring the light intensity falling on the receiving photo sensitive element. The Target either breaks a beam of light or reflects it back to the detector to activate the sensor output..
The introduction of these types of Photo-electric sensors have enhanced the capability of Mikrosen in providing right solutions for the most challenging applications in Process Control and Automation for the past 2 decades.
- Ease of installation
- Adjustable sensitivity levels
- Compact & miniaturized versions
- High degree of Interference protection
- Auto-diagnostics & Networking options
- Easily visible light indicators even from long distance
- Long sensing ranges
- Possibility of small object detection
- Able to detect virtually any target material
- Able to detect color, texture and shape variations
Principle of Operation
- For checking presence, shape, color, distance and thickness – optimized for Robotics automation, assembly and handling
- Part detection and counting, stack height monitoring, through-glass sensing, small parts orientation, marking detection, level detection, etc.
- Finds applications in wide range of markets including Textiles, Aerospace, Healthcare, Fabricated metal industries, Material handling, Food processing, Packaging, etc.